Start a new topic

World Domination Event - Guidelines

This topic's purpose is to help you through the upcoming World Domination Event. 

For the moment, the topic will be locked until the event will be available.

Thanks for your patience and happy gaming moments!

Regards,

Your World at War Team

13 people have this question

Dear Commanders,

We put together a tutorial for the new World Domination Event so you can have a clearer idea of how it works.

With other questions you might have, please ask in this thread and we will get back to you in a short while.

What is World Domination Event?

World Domination Event is an event where you choose a side and collect Flags in order to place them on the map and attain control over all regions.

Choosing a Faction

The two Factions are represented by The Allies and The Axis. Once you have decided which side you wish to fight for, tap the Select button underneath your chosen Faction.
Players who are in the same Alliance can be in different Factions if they prefer so.

N.B: Please note that once you have selected a Faction, you cannot change it until the end of the event.

Obtaining the Flags

Flags can be obtained after completing actions such as training, injuring and destroying units, gathering resources, building and researching and defeating rebels.

For example, producing 1,000 Tier 1 units will get you one flag.

You can see how many flags you have earned in total, as well as the ongoing round and the time left until it ends on the Event tab.

The event may end:

- When a Faction loses all its regions
 or
 - After a set number of rounds

However, Earned Flags is not the same as Available Flags.

Earned Flags represents the total flags you have earned so far in the event, while Available Flags are the Flags which you can currently place on a Region.
Earned Flags = Placed Flags + Available Flags

You can see how many Available Flags you currently have on the upper-left corner of the event tab:

Placing the Flags

Once you have obtained a number of Flags, you can place them on the Contested Regions.

You can go to the Contested Regions either directly from the Event tab,

or by tapping on the map expansion icon in the upper-left corner of the Event tab.

If you chose the latter, after tapping the icon, you should see the whole map on your screen:

The Regions are colored in red if they are owned by the Axis and in blue if they are owned by the Allies.

The red outline on a blue Region means that the Region is contested by the opposite side; the same applies for the blue outline on a red Region. If a Region is not contested, you cannot place Flags on it.

If you want to return to the Event tab, you can do so by tapping the red X icon in the upper-right corner of the page. Once you decided upon a Region and tapped on it, you will be able to place the Flags:

You can select the number of Flags you wish to place on the selected Region by moving the slider accordingly.

After you have selected the number of Flags to be placed, you simply need to tap the Place Flags button. The action can be repeated on the same Region or a different one. N.B: Once you place the Flags in a region, they cannot be removed, even if the placement has been made by mistake

On this page, you can also see how many Flags your Faction has placed on a Region, as well as the bonuses offered by that Region once conquered:

Why should you gain and use flags?

Placing flags and occupying Regions for your Faction has its benefits.

Each Region has a certain bonus; once conquered, the Faction which owns it will benefit from the bonus :
- As long as the control over the Region is maintained
and
- Until the event ends

Moreover, rewards will be given for reaching milestones, just like in the regular Events; instead of earning points, you will earn flags and complete the progress bar.

Winners

The Faction which has control over the most Regions wins the Event.

If both Factions own the same number of Regions, the Faction with the most flags at the end of the Event wins.

3 people like this
Great work on putting this guide together! Have one question that I see a lot of people asking. The event seems to be one sided because most people picked allied (Blue), so it will be harder for axis (Red) to get the win. Knowing this, when the event comes around next time more people will pick allied so there won't be any competition at all. Are there any plans to change this in order to make it more competitive? Or will the teams will be automatically divided? For example 8 fronts will be one team against the other 8 fronts.

2 people like this

I have a supplemental question :

During World Domination Event I will fight only with the same front of destroy event or all the fronts will be envolved? IE : BLUE flags and RED flags are only from 2 fronts or all fronts?

Thanks.

All fronts are in the event. I was assuming that once the kill event needed the world event will continue. And you would be able to score points towards the rewards. But unfortunately the event was over too quick. There needs to be a way of making the sides more even.

1 person likes this

Thank you Gabriel, I think the same as you but would like to have official response from the support team.

Hi Caciollip, 

Thank you for bringing this up!

Indeed, Gabriel is right. All the Fronts participate in the World Domination event and it's not about the Front in this event but about the side you pick. Each Commander from all the Fronts had to pick on side - either Allies or Axis. 

The Guideline clearly states:

"The event may end:

- When a Faction loses all its regions

or

- After a set number of rounds"

In this case, the Allies took control over all the regions.

If you need further help with the game, please don't hesitate to let us know. As always, we're just a message away.

Have a nice day ahead!

Kind regards, 

Laura - the World at War Team

3 people like this

Thank you Laura.

Now it is very clear.

Hi Gabriel, 

We appreciate that you so active on our Forum. We are glad to see that you are wiling to help out fellow Commanders. 
Cheers for that!

This was the first iteration of the World Domination Event.
We gathered some feedback useful negative and positive feedback, noticed the flaws in the balance and we will work on all of this. 

An improved version of the event will follow in the future and we hope it will be a occasion of excitement. 

Thank you for your support and have a nice day ahead!

Kind regards, 
Laura - the World at War team 

3 people like this
I foolishly picked "axis", specifically because I thought it would appeal to fewer players and there would be more opportunities to win. How wrong can you be, (though I appreciate the extra rewards for doing what you would be doing anyway). My alliance comrades mostly chose "allies" and were ending up with 5k gold. Anyhoo, World at War is still the best strategy game around by a country mile.Keep up the the good work eRepublik 
Overall I enjoyed the event (prize's we're right proper) even though I chose allies I see the need for a balanced competition. In the future I would not be opposed to being assigned a side, maybe off v even fronts alternating respectively.
Is there a guide to gameplay available?? Other games I have played have a site where tips and hints are available eg do multiple factories produce faster???

1 person likes this
Как победить противника если у него армия 15 миллионов едениц?
Any news for another world Dominant event? I never had the opportunity to participate, I started the game at the end of 2018
Login or Signup to post a comment